Sunday, January 9, 2011

Chocolate Almond Truffles

Gooood Afternoon! We're going into the second week of the new year. How do you feel? Great I hope. I feel awesome. The NFL playoffs are underway (even if my Niners didn't make it), my knee is getting better, I'm baking more therefore blog more hehe--life is great.

For some time now I've been wanting to make chocolate truffles. They're one of my favorite candies. Specifically hazelnut-praline from Go-Diva :) With Valentine's Day coming up, not to mention my 6th year anniversary with the bf *ahem*, researching for a good recipe or different variations of a good recipe seemed fitting.

Anyway the bf and I went to visit his parents this weekend. While the bf went to practice with his demo team I stayed home with his mom. It was about 10:30 at night and she asks me "what do you wanna do?" and my natural response is always "I wanna bake something." so we started gathering our ingredients for the chocolate truffles.

There wasn't one particular recipe I followed to make them. All the websites I researched had the same ingredients and instructions so there isn't one website I can reference.

Chocolate Truffles
8 oz semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups chopped almonds

1) Place chocolate in bowl.
2) Heat cream to just a small boil.
3) Pour cream into bowl and mix until ganache becomes smooth. Refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight.
4) Place chopped almonds in a bowl for rolling.
5) Scoop hardened ganache and roll it into a ball. You will get messy so be prepared.
6) Roll in almonds and let rest on tray lined with wax paper.
7) place in fridge until stiff.

The number of truffles depend on how big you make them.






Meet Chiyo. My eldest beagle puppy. She's 4 years and 3months old. I call her my Pretty Girl because she's so shiny and her coat is gorgeous. <3 her. Anyways being the beagle that she is, she's always where food can be found. Hence why she's in front of me while I eat a truffle. She was so focused on the truffle that she almost fell asleep. Haha. Like I said I love her. She's such a good dog. Well, now she is.

Enjoy the recipe. Maybe I'll do a valentines day post of my favorite hazelnut praline truffles. I think also I would dip them in chocolate so it has a hard candy shell. The possibilities are endless!! Happy Sunday everyone :)

<3 Noey's iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com