Thursday, March 17, 2011

THE wedding cake: intermission

Holy shnikies, will you look at Zoe? She's damn clean and shiny.


Had to give her a nice rub down before she starts work again later. Not that she's not always clean. She's just never as shiny. I thought I'd pay tribute to her since she's like my little Oompa Loompa behind all my creations. Well except that she's robin's egg blue.

Lotsa cakes... lotsa.... lotsa... cakes....



There will be almost 12 batches of frosting and 12 batches of chocolate ganache, which I pronounce gooooooonAshhhhhh. Just so you knew the correct way to pronounce it.

I think I'm procrastinating a bit because to tell you guys the gosh awful truth--i'm scared.

I had a dream, more like nightmare, that I was late to the wedding, without the cake, without my dress and all I had on were my Reebok easy-tones and my hula outfit. What the hekk kinda outfit would that be? How would that look if the maid of honor showed up like THAT!? Bad, all kinds of BAD.

So I'm here. Sharing my growing apprehension I have when I'm about to finish a huge event. Usually I break down, go all crazy female dogg like and start cursing every move I make.

Like "why did I ******* wait to do this ******* last minute?" "why didn't I ******* do it this way... or ******* that way" then yelling at my poor puppies in the process. They always look at me like "mommy, we didn't do anything to you. We just want to eat your cake, just in case it happens to fall on the ground."

So I'm writing to calm the nerves, calm my stress level and to calm my sanity to a normal, workable level. Don't judge me--you'll just enable the monster that's wanting to go nuts over making a beautiful wedding cake.

I guess what's really got me is that it's my bestfriend's cake. So of course it has to be PERFECT. Anything less would just make me want to die. But ok--- I'll just stop and smell the fondant flower...



does it smell good to you?

Happy St. Patty's Day.
Don't forget your green because I pinch--
I pinch, hard.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it looks amazing! i can totally smell the flowers from here :) YUMMY!
Great Job on a DIFFICULT cake. A+

Noey said...

thanks Vinny ;)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com