Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thick & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

You know when you're stuck on autopilot? Where you do your normal chores, make dinner, put dishes away, do some laundry, bake a whole batch of chocolate chip cookies without even knowing it?

And whilst you're unconsciously carrying out these tasks, the telly is on and the sound waves just hit you.
Then it happens.
The theme song becomes lodged in your brain like some record on repeat.
OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again. YA. THAT.
You know what I'm talking about.

For example, Six Flag's Old Theme Song or Meow Mix.

Although there are some that just stick with you forever because, well, because you just like them, Oscar Meyer, Foldger's Commercial (my alarm ring tone >_< ) or I Am Stuck on Band Aid, Bologna or Captain Planet (wow I'm dating myself). Let's, just, stop. You get the picture.

Currently Stuck in my head: "Hey Girl-- whatcha doin? Hey Girl? Where ya goin?--Who's that girl? Who's that girl?-- it's Jess!!"

Please, Please, I insist you join me in this repeating melody of my new favorite show, New Girl.

So while baking-- Zooey Deschanel was all up in my head singing. At least she's cheery. Anywho-- cookies. Yes. Cookies.



I took this recipe from the Baking Illustrated Cookbook, my friend Vinny suggested I purchase. It's a pretty cool, sciency-ish book. They test different recipes with different settings. It's more behind what would actually happen as oppose to pretty dessert pictures. Although those are nice as well.

I think the texture was perfect but then again who am I to judge my baking better than all of you? Try it out... let me know your thoughts... reservations... the songs that get stuck in your head often...
I won't judge...

well... ....



ok..
I won't.

Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
my version because Noeybakes likes to give Zoe a break

2 C + 2T APF
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
1 C packed brown sugar
1/2 C granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 C semisweet chocolate chips

1) Preheat oven 325 degrees, line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2) In a medium bowl, use a wooden spoon to mix wet ingredients together then add dry until well incorporated.
3) Roll about 1/4C dough into balls, break in half, and put the two bases together w/ jagged edges facing up. (It gives it its "thick shape")
4) Place on sheet 2 1/2 inches apart.
5) Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.

If you purchase the book, or currently have it, I took this recipe from page 434.

Enjoy. Tomorrow's Wednesday! You know what THAT means! 2 more days until the weekend!

Who's that girl.... .Who's that girl..... Who's that girl....?

It's Noeybakes.



ok, that didn't work. Better luck next time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

NoeyBakes Rocks! Awesome cookies! Awesome Blog! All that is missing is a glass of milk.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com