Friday, October 7, 2011

And I'm back...



Wedding. Quit my job. Vegas. Started new job/career. Vegas. Wedding. Vegas. Birthdays. Vegas. Stroller shopping. LA. Baby Amelia on the way. Oh did I mention I went to Vegas?! Cheese and rice.

Vegas is definitely a great place. As I was boarding the plane back to wonderful SF, I get a phone call from my mom:

Me: "Hola Mamacita!!"
Mamacita: "We're going to Vegas maybe the weekend of the fight or in Dec."
Me: "Errr. Umm. Okay?"
Mamacita: "Do you want to have dinner tonight?"
Me: "errrr ummm. I'm in Vegas. On the way home actually. So maybe?"
Mamacita: "YOU'RE STILL THERE FROM 2 WEEKS AGO?!!"
Me: "No. I just came back 2 weeks later."

Lol. Love Vegas much?! I mean who doesn't? Some trips this summer were more memorable than others but we will not disclose such details.

Anywho, that's what I've been up to in a nice, compressed paragraph.

You know what else is nice and compressed? Ellie. The chocolate cake, fondant covered baby owl I made as a topper for the babyshower cake.


Her eyes are ginormous just like baby Amelia's will be when she gets here. Which can be any day now :) Ellie's sitting on a rose tip decorated cake inspired by I AM BAKER. I've already expressed on numerous occasions how much I love her but what's one more? I FREAKING LOVE HER! She's a decorating genius!

I made a Choket Cake with 2 different cocoa powders. Instead of the 3/4 C, I did 1/2C dark cocoa and 1/2C regular cocoa. Everything else in the recipe stayed the same.


Then there are Ellie's little red velvet owl cake pop friends I made as favors. This one I named Maddy. She's too cute for words. My coworker put her in the freezer to preserve the cutesyness. Lol

That's what I've been up to. Now. It's just waiting time for little Ameee (Amelia) to show her cute little face :)

<3 [noeybakes]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh noeybakes! You're back after what looks like quite the eventful summer. I hope that fall and winter turn out to be even more awesome. And I look forward to seeing what other cutie things that are yet to come from your kitchen. My birthday is coming you know... And I saw these really cute koala bear cake pops somewhere... Anyway, welcome back. <3 and maybe Vegas soon? Lol
x0x0 B cubed

myrien said...

Vegas Vegas and more Vegas. I love owls! And yours looks like delicious.

Amanda said...

SO stinkin cute!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com